Tuesday, June 14, 2005

bad, bad, bad gay films

oh dear. spent the evening wading through some submissions for the film festival. Once again, I can't believe how bad gay films can be. On an up note the Ethan Green film was cute. A little miscast a times. One character who was supposed to be the hot young twink was certainly not. I don't think even drunk, creepy old guys at the Eagle would have thought so. I also discovered a group of local filmmakers who are making queer horror films! Excitement she wrote! They certainly aren't great films, in fact they can be placed in the same realm as the soft-core films on skin-a-max. but there is a certain campy amusement in watching muscle queens try to act and pretend to be dead. I saw many a fluttering eye on a "dead" person. I am tempted to contact them and join them in their bad filmmaking!
More gay films to follow this evening!
On a side note Batman opens this evening, or should I say tomorrow morning? Speaking of gay films! hunky hunky Christian Bale!! it can't be any worse than Joel Schumacher's disastrously queer Batman films. not that I minded seeing Chris O'Donnell wrapped in leather with big fake nipples, not at all!
On a decidedly more intellectual note I have begun the rather arduous process of applying for overseas scholarships. Good times are ahead!!

later,

names.

2 comments:

TK8103 said...

I miss living with you, bro... but I so don't miss bad gay films! Help me make my gay TK musical and all is forgiven!
Pink Floyd..... woohoo!!!

Mike said...

I would miss bad gay films should they disappear from my life, but I seem to find plenty of them on Netflix. (Still not sure whether the breadth of selection on that site is a blessing or a curse.)

FYI: I would pay to see a gay TK musical...good or bad.