Monday, May 01, 2006

Fuckin A!

It never fucking ends. So I email my somewhat completed thesis yesterday at 2 (or so).
We proceed to go to the B-Side and get hammered.
This morning I wake up, have coffee and screw around online. Then...I get an email from one of my committee members around 10 or so. It seems the she "just" got my thesis and didn't feel that she had enough time to read it to the depth that my defense would require. I freaked out. She was the one who told me that she would be reading it "at the last minute" when I asked her about the timing. I guess that she didn't expect me to write something along the lines of 100 pages. There is no reading a hundred pages at the last minute.
I had to re-schedule the fucking thing. It will now take place on Friday morning.
I was so aggravated I couldn't concentrate. I went to the gym for an hour or so. Came home and had lunch. I worked on my resume and CV. Emailed an abstract to a conference at Duke.
I decided to treat myself to sweater shopping. I couldn't find a fuckin thing. All the sweaters are in spring colours! I don't wear baby blue, or yellow, or salmon! what the fuck! I just wanted a simple black cotton sweater. Please! People, work with me! I don't want cashmere, or some fancy wool blend. I don't want to spend $700 on a fuckin sweater.
UGH!

God Damn It! I need a vacation...

names out.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Silly boy! The next crop of black sweaters gets harvested in July/August when it's so incredibly hot out that the thought of actually wearing a sweater becomes repulsive. The best time to pick black sweaters is late January/early February because that's when they're all on sale.

Slap me now. I really need to get a new job.

TK8103 said...

But you'd look delish in salmon!
Sorry I didn't ring you that Nick and I were in the hood. It was a fast trip, in and out so I could get him back home for bed.
Might be heading up your way on Thursday to get my paycheck...

Mike said...

Hey, I posted this elsewhere, but not sure that you'll find it. Thanks to the silliness of my job, I spent quite a bit of legitimate time on apparel websites. Banana has black sweaters right now...some even on sale. Ah, perks. Keep me from running screaming.

stockjobber said...

not to show my ignorance (b-school doesn't require a thesis), I take it this means you are almost done. Isn't that great news?!