Monday, June 05, 2006

fuckin ranting cause I can.

So I spent the morning at the gym ranting and raving in my head about Bush and the state of our country. I tried to upload a rant here but either the net or the site was acting weird. I don't know about you but if I hear one more thing about the sanctity of marriage I was gonna puke. If these people care so much about marriage then outlaw divorce. that is all I have to say. Force people to stay married if marriage is so precious. Oh wait...thats not what this is about is it? Fuckers. it comes down to one thing for me...don't tell me what I can and cannot do. Don't tell me who I can or cannot love or marry. I don't particularly subscribe to the notion of marriage to begin with. There is still some part of me that finds it a little too assimilative. I have no desire to be straight. I have no desire to adopt that "lifestyle." I don't give a shit if that is what people want. But don't inflict your ideology on me.
I know I am preaching to the converted here so I will keep this short.
C and I are thinking of buying a condo. There is really no prospect of doing it here in Boston or Cambridge. Way too expensive. We figured that we would actually get more for our money to buy something in Europe. Specifically Paris. I prefer Berlin which is actually cheaper but C doesn't understand Germany. Ultimately it will be cheaper even if G.W. devalues the dollar further against the Euro.
Everything I have read this week in the news has made me more and more ashamed about American foreign policy. WTF? Is it just me or is this whole gay marriage thing just there to distract us from another military fuck up in Iraq.

Okay, I said I wasn't going to rant anymore. I am off to Duke to give a paper tomorrow. Wish me luck. I am really stressed about this. It isn't like my ghetto ass paper at Amherst. This is real yo!


names...

3 comments:

TK8103 said...

Come to New Zealand with us and work on our emu farm!
I'll say this about same sex marriage:
Speaking as a hetero married man, I feel whatever sanctity there may be in the institution of marriage is lost if it's denied to another human being. I feel MY marriage is cheapened when others are denied that same right.
If gays can marry, we might start improving the odds of marriages surviving. 1 out of 2 end in divorce. There ain't no friggin sanctity.

Mike said...

I have a tendency to write super long comments here because these entries always make me think, "Hell yes!...and another thing..." but I'll keep it short and say ditto. (and good luck at Duke!)

Names said...

thanks ya'll