Saturday, November 01, 2008

Palate Cleanser

I feel like I have to put some things up here that will distract from my horror story detailed below. So I'm going to put up some pics. We traveled a bit this past summer and fall and I took quite a few pics so I think I'll bring there over here and show them to you all.

Providence, October 4th.
I spent a Saturday down in Providence to check out the new wing of the RISD museum.
I took some pics. Here ya go.


This is a new condo tower being put up on the riverfront thingy in downtown. This used to be a giant wasteland. I believe this is where they held the first X games way back in the early nineties. They built a ton of skate ramps here.


This is the new RISD wing on North Main Street. Kinda bleh. It looks like a cheaper version of the New Museum in NYC. which is pictured below.

Sorry it is kinda dark. It was nighttime don't ya know.





These are photos of some of Dale Chihuly's glass pieces. There was a little show of his work up in the new galleries at RISD.

No comments: