Monday, April 18, 2005

In the beginning

and society said, "let there be blog" and lo there was blog. It begins.
I have resisted for many months. People around me have started harrassing me about my "lack". I started one on another site. lost interest and moved on. The question is, how to make it interesting without creating a site for pure, unadulterated misanthropic behaviour? The key would seem to be to only blog when I am sober! Well, we shall see how long I keep that rule up.
I have recently made more time in my life to dedicate to writing. As of yesterday I became newly unemployed thereby freeing up a significant amount of time. Yes, my time at the CCF has come to an end. I simply neglected to show up at the appointed time and moved on with my life. Am I sad? Will I miss the sheer joy of waiting on the simpler folk of Cambridge? The personal interaction that comes with bringing people food and drink? perhaps... but then I think of the irrepresible Paul Lynde and what he had to say about serving people, "it sucks! people are jerks!" and I feel better about my decision.

I can now focus on the finer things in life. Like my thesis proposal which is due in two weeks! I have no clue what I am going to spend the next year writing about. Seriously, what am I going to write about?
It will come to me. I need to spend some time in the library soaking in the vibes of knowledge contained.
A quick note to those out there: the libraries at my school are extremely lame. There are very few power outlets for those of us with laptops and almost no comfy chairs! When in need of some serious library comfort I head down Mass Ave to the other college with the really fancy library. Now they know how to buy furniture that makes reading fun!
It really is the simple things in life that make it worth living.

1 comment:

TK8103 said...

Welcome to blogg-o-rama!! I swear I spend more time there than anywhere else. Someday I'll move on to something else...
PS.. consider yourself linked!