Tuesday, April 19, 2005

That Deleuze is a kick in the pants

my day, what a day. early rising to meet K at the T. we walk and talk and run into C whom K had never met. Interesting. I watched two very different spheres of my life collide and it was okay. chatted a moment and moved on. Today was the day that the second years gave their thesis presentations to the department and anyone who wanted to kill a day in a classroom filled with free food. I only had the time to watch one and a half before I headed to a meeting. ugh!
meetings! If I had known that I would be spending many waking hours at meetings upon grad school I am not sure I would have accepted.
But it was all good. I am to design a video installation as part of a performance by one of my professors. He was actually rated as one of the "best of the new" creators in Boston by the Globe. see here:
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2005/03/13/best_of_the_new_ideas?pg=full

from there I headed to H. Sq. and the film class that is currently the source of all my brain strain.
I would complain but there I am sitting in the home of the James clan, right off of the Yard discussing philosophy and life seems good. I spend some time before class sitting in the Yard, reading, drinking coffee and thinking about how far I have traveled in the past ten years. If someone had told me that I would be at here back then, I would have identified that person as one of my crack addled roommates. I have the same feelings occasionally when I am wandering the halls of the school I actually attend. I look around at the innocent geeks and wonder how the hell I got here?
weird.
and so the first rule I established about my blog has gone out the window. I am sitting here at 1:30 in the morning, drinking beers to cure my insomnia and add drivel to this page.
I take some satisfaction in watching Two Towers on HBO.
when am I going to find the time to rewatch this film? why at 1 in the morning thats when!

good night Gracie.

No comments: