Tuesday, April 19, 2005

One more thing

oh there was something I wanted to add. something clever.
crap.
perhaps that was it? memory...Bergson offers up the perpetual ever-present present. it flashes before us and is gone. the image/sense/feeling evaporates and enters our mind, settling into the trough of our brain. Deleuze refers to them as sheets. Sheets of memory that are present and dissipate. I like the imagery. I can feel each moment emanating from me in waves as time passes. The very in-capturability of time. I remember my first experiences with video. I would let the camera run, capturing everything. Time passed without notice. ah, but watching the tape play back! that was the key. Then you felt every second tick by. Time was very present. Nothing happened. it was simply Time with a capital "T"
By the way, if you ever have a chance to see a film titled "Je T'aime, Je T'aime" by Resnais go and see it. It has never been released on video and is rarely screened in this country. pretty amazing.
read about it on IMDB and go see it.

that is all.

No comments: