Monday, May 09, 2005

Deleuze, Media In Transition, Beer

oh the monday after a long crazy weekend. Its pretty amazing when Monday becomes recovery day!
So this weekend entailed two conferences, two bars, Star Wars tickets, and the Clone Wars. not bad for a simple Fri, Sat, Sun.
Friday...
Day one of both conferences. I started at the Media In Transition (MIT4) registering with K, then lunch and a meeting concerning my thesis project. the meeting went well but was a little overwhelming. I think I might be in for some work. maybe a whole lot of work. Terrifying. the good part is that everytime I sit and work on it I get excited. not a bad thing. much better then my previous topic which was simply a chore.
Then headed out to H for the other conference.
The first speaker started off fascinating but he had one of those monotone voices that induces sleep. I dozed several times. Could have been the numerous references to Kierkegaard and Pascal. snooooozzzzzzzz! Which is too bad because he made several interesting mentions of Bersonism in relation to Kierkegaard. One of those, "let me read your paper and stop reading it to me" moments.

oh crap. I have to run. today is thesis proposal presentation day. I am nowhere near being finished.

later,

1 comment:

TK8103 said...

lazy bee-yatch! so... thoughts on ROTS?!!?!?!?!