Friday, December 02, 2005

Existential crisis #301

It is December and I feel it in every bone in my body. I'm giving up the NYC travelog because far too much time has passed and too much has gone on since. C and I went to Naples, Florida over Thanksgiving. it was very odd and I spent some time sitting by the pool. We dranks a whole lot and basically just shopped. I hate shopping by the way. With C and his friend K (whom we were staying with) avid shoppers I had my patience tested. We came home only having to mail a couple of things. ugh!

I have spent this week avoiding and working on my PhD applications. I think I am really out of my fuckin mind with this. Do I really want to spend the rest of my life in school? No one is pushing me towards this. I just don't know what I am doing.
Its coming at the wrong moment. Right now I am really sick of being in school. I know this will fade. I am just burnt out but what if I'm not? Sometimes I wish my brain didn't work this hard...

names...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Just in case it helps...I'd like to be back in school right now, but I don't have the balls to face the financial situation I'd be putting myself in. (It's much harder to go back after being out for a while.)

Oh, and when trapped with two other people shopping, find a book store, grab something that looks interesting and read it until they finish shopping and are ready to do something reasonable.

Mike said...

Just to be clear, if it was just you and C, I'd expect you to buck up and find some way to enjoy it. That's what we do for the people we love. :)

(Jeez, I just used an emoticon!) Apologies, but I'm in a horribly good mood today.