Monday, August 01, 2005

monday, monday

ahhhh mondays. They arrive far too quickly. Its amazing how quickly I tired of the real world. I have one more month before I return to the security of campus. and of course, a much more pleasant schedule. I am currently registered for 4 classes. I think I will have to change that. I'm not sure about a whole year of German. Sure, it sounds great but do I really want to learn another language?
This weekend is finally over. I believe I will chock this one up to a continuation of my existential crisis which began sometime last week. Went down to my parents in Newport. I did this with the intention of getting my tattoo worked on. How was I to know that they would be booked up for the entire weekend? who makes reservations at at tattoo parlour? OK, I did but I know better having been screwed like this before. But I couldn't even get an appointment! jerks! And so I spent Friday night and Sat with my parents. C came down on the bus Sat morning. Which was pretty amusing. He is not a bus person and was quite traumatized by the 90 minute trip. we played tourist all day, right down to paying for parking. This was mostly to shut my father up as he began bitching almost immediately about the traffic, people, parking etc...
We had lunch at the Black Pearl which used to be a nice place (or maybe I imagined it) but it was pretty lame now. Paid way too much for rather mediocre food. Well my mother did which made me feel guilty as it kinda sucked! She wanted lobster and had to settle for a lobster salad sandwich. It would seem that their new chef is quite fond of mayo as EVERYTHING came with it!
We had a much better experience at Castle Hill. We drove around Ocean Drive and I had my dad take us to Castle Hill. We were all in need of a cocktail (well C and I were.) Much better. Sitting on a porch with a drink in hand watching the sail boats go by. The house sits high upon a hill with a lawn that slopes down to the ocean. there was a wedding setup down by the water line. Addirondack chairs dotted the lawn with cocktail service! We chose to sit up at the bar as it was too sunny and I try to avoid the sun as much as possible. we watched the wedding and then headed out to take the bus home.
to be cont...

I'll write more later, time to get ready for work.

names.

No comments: