Monday, November 14, 2005

Back from NYC

ah, back from the big city. so much to talk about. probably a little too much for one blog. I'll try and keep it succinct.
day one, part one: Accela to NYC. I am never taking the regional train again! the Accela is so much nicer. sure its forty bucks more but damn it was clean, comfortable and only took 3 1/2 hours. Dropped my bags off at my friends place on the upper west side and headed to MoMA for my meeting. I was having lunch with one of the thesis committee members who is a curator of film and media at MoMA. I was a bit early so I walked around the museum a bit. Crazy packed! I've never seen so many people there! It was amazing for a thursday afternoon! Checked out their new media space which was a bit disappointing. Two great artists Michael Snow and Sam Taylor Wood. Sam's work always involves hot guys. I should mention that she is a woman not a gay man as I initially thought when I first saw her work. she has that sensibility. The work was nice but the room sucked. One little room set aside for video seems a bit of a waste for an institution like this. I decided to leave the museum and head up fifth for a bit. Again, kind of a bad idea, the street was packed! I went into the Disney store, bad idea #3. It was a freakin zoo! I made a single loop and fled out to the street. It was about this point that I was ready to start smacking people!
Luckily I got a call that S was ready to meet with me.
I grabbed lunch for us and headed back to MoMA and her office.
to be cont...

n.

No comments: