Tuesday, September 13, 2005

top o' the heap

Christ! its been a month already! okay, school has started again so I should have the time to waste on this site.
Its been a busy month. I went from having a decent income to being completely broke. Its amazing how bitter that makes me. As I sit here doing the paper chase with my student loan company (tomorrow AM will bring about the THIRD attempt at faxing them a rather significant document that they seem to keep losing) I am ready to punch someone in the face. The problem is that the companies tend to hire overly cheerful people to answer their customer complaints so while I am pretty pissed off, I would feel bad yelling at someone who is being pleasant to me. Ultimately they are only doing their jobs, and probably getting paid pretty shitty wages. while I hate people, I really don't want to be a douchebag despite the fact that I have twenty bucks to live on...forever!
Drama moment over. I am living on twenty bucks but Big C has gotten a promotion that comes with a rather large raise so I can live off of him for a week or so but still. I was planning on going to London this week but that is out the window...I suppose I could have bought the tickets this summer when I had a job and money to burn but I am such a tightass that I kept waiting for the tickets to get cheaper! oh well...wasn't meant to be.
And so back to school. I just had class with the very woman who brought me to MIT. Sherry Turkle. Pretty amazing and quite forthright. If she wants to put some of your work in her book, she will. She will do us the courtesy of asking us but who in their right mind would say no? She is fuckin Sherry Turkle!! There was an undergrad in the class who complained about how it required too much reading. hello! this is MIT you fuckhead...sorry to make you WORK! Go back to mechanical engineering loser. She actually asked him to stay afterwards so she could convince him to stay in the class! I'm sure he'll stay. She will tell him that he doesn't have to do any reading or something. She is probably looking to psychoanalyse him. Make him a test subject.
Anyway. I might be off to SF soon to take a look at a major video collection. The collectors came here and we all had a very fancy lunch (the head of the Architecture department, the director of the art center, the curator of said art center and quite a few others.) I took the liberty of inviting myself out to look at their house and their collection. I had to flirt a little bit with their curator which was fine as he was kinda cute in an art nerdy kinda way.

oh and here is the list of the 10 songs that have floated to the top of my iPod. Better late than never, right boys?

Air "Alone in Kyoto." My current favorite faggy french art music. this is from the Lost in Translation soundtrack but is on a very good album called Talkie Walkie.

Angie Stone "Just a Pimp." Angie Stone is fabulous. LOVE HER! and this is about her man who just happens to be a pimp. Very 70's R&B, Roberta Flack-esque. kick ass.

Atreyu "Bleeding Mascara." Nouveau metal and they are named after the kid in Neverending Story! need I say more?

Jill Scott "Golden." one of my few happy moment songs. I love jill scott! great voice, amazing lyrical narrative. good times.

Kyuss "50 Million Year Trip." one stoned groove. All I can think is that it must be a lot of fun to play. Fire up the bong, turn out the lights and go.

Lacuna Coil "Heaven's a Lie." Italilan neo-metal. female singer who only dresses in Gucci. heavy, black, dark and very dramatic music. Come on, they're Italian!

Nightwish "I wish I had an Angel." Same as above only they're from Norway. Dark, dramatic, Scandinavian...

Scissor Sisters "Take Your Mama." New favorite band. Love this album. not as big a fan of their reworking of Comfortably Numb (sorry Mike) a close runner up is the Tits on the Radio.

Spice Girls "Say You'll be There." big gay moment, Spice Girls! Who doesn't love them? A moment in history that will never be back...ah girl power where are you when I need you?

Missy Elliott "Pussycat." the top of my heap! "pussy don't fail me now!" It is sheer poetry. Missy is the shit!


that is all...

names out.

2 comments:

TK8103 said...

freaking spam! glad you're back in the game, dude!

Mike said...

Spam sucks, but if you hit SF, be sure to let us know! Been too long.