Saturday, October 01, 2005

and I am horrified to discover that he is a nerd!

crap, it's October already. I don't know if I can deal with that fact.
So the two week period of corporate schmoozing is over. I have applied for an associates position at McKinsey. We'll see if anything comes of it. I have absolutly no idea whether or not it will. Honestly I don't even care. At this point I am starting the process of applying to Phd programs. I have limited it to 5. I only really want to apply to 3 but C is giving me a hard time about it. I am just being lazy. Five applications? that is a total pain in the ass. For Masters I only applied to two! and that was annoying enough.
whatever. I am off to Yale in a week or so to take a look at their program. I ran into a friend of mine who just finished his MFA there and he gave me the scoop. There is only one person there who is worth studying contemporary art with. Pretty much everyone else in the art history department is pretty entrenched in their own little world. Don't even mention the words contemporary or post-moderism in their presence. Their philosophy department is pretty old world as well. Nothing exciting going on. Plus, it is New Haven. nuff said.
I am speaking with a professor at Stanford on Tuesday. I am actually taking a class at Harvard with a former student of hers. She seems cool. But I don't know about Palo Alto. It does seem like MIT on the west coast but I am not so sure that that is a good thing. MIT hasn't exactly been ringing my bells lately. Speaking of MIT here is the story in this weeks Tech about my run in with anti gay slogans on campus.
Then there is Princeton. I don't know if I could handle Princeton. I get the feeling that the students would be more annoying that Harvard undergrads. There is only so much self centered elitism I can handle. I'd constantly have the urge to smack people. Of course that happens on a daily basis at MIT but for different reasons. Sometimes I just can't handle nerds. Sorry to say. I reallise that I am one, however there is only so much I can take.

more later,

names out...

No comments: