Tuesday, October 04, 2005

just another mutha fuckin day

so Tuesday doesn't turn out as bad as it could have. I did blow off the gym. I haven't gone since Friday and am feeling extremely fat at the moment. Don't care. I am cutting red meat out of my diet and am substituting beer. its working so far. I am sticking to chicken and fish and beer. We'll see what happens. I am about 15 pounds overweight. I try to convince myself that I am simply getting heavier as I get older due to heavier bones. I don't think that shit flies unless I am growing bones in my gut. its doubly annoying as I am surrounded by anorexic nerds. young twink ass muther fuckers.
Slowly gathering data on grad schools. Was to have a meeting with a prof at Stanford today. fucked up the time translation. For some reason I read it inverse and so did she. She accepted the blame due to jet lag. I let her as she actually confirmed the time with me via email. I still felt like a retard. Nice to know that she did too. She gets points for that. Actually at this point Stanford is kinda tops. I like the work she does and they give full funding. You can't top that shit. I am not too sure about Palo Alto though. I hope to make a trip out in November and get a face to face. C has been there and said the campus is amazing. I just don't know. I am heading down to Yale in a couple weeks. Princeton is still an unknown but word on the street is they are spending a whole lot of money on their art department and faculty. As much as I hate to say it I wish there was a program at MIT. Despite the fact that my experience has been kinda annoying I DO get to do what I want. that is pretty big.

Vito Acconi was on campus today doing a presentation. He is famous for buiding a fake floor in a gallery and lying under it masterbating as people walked around the gallery. He was miked so they could hear everything. Straight men do it in a gallery and it is art. Gay men do it in a public restroom and get arrested. what the fuck? He has a crazy stutter and so do his assistants. it would be funny if it wasn't sad. I am meeting all these "seminal" artists from the seventies and they all look about ninety years old. I'm sure the sixties and seventies were great but god damn! You pay for that lifestyle shit. In the immortal words of Rick James "cocaine is a hell of a drug."
On a side note Marina Abramovic is recreating some famous performance pieces at the Guggenheim in November. One of them will be Vito's piece noted above, the title is "Seedbed." Gross
I'll be there. To continue this side note, my Harvard class HAS to attend this performance series. Since it is a requirement of the class Harvard will pay for one night of hotel in NYC. I said "Harvard will pay for one night stay in a hotel in NYC!" Can you believe that shit? That is out of control! I am totally taking advantage of it, of course but still! god damn! pay for my hotel bitches! I'll spend that money drinking at Cock!
Now the question is: where will I be staying? I think that the fuckin Hudson is in order. I love that hotel!

okay, enough for now.

names out...

No comments: