Tuesday, October 04, 2005

beer is food

ugh, Tuesday. it's back. It feels like it was only yesterday that I was bitching about it. Thankfully it is a Jewish holiday so one of my classes is cancelled and I am not going to the other one. So there is less to bitch about today.
It is probably a good thing though. I had a shitload of reading to do (please, who assigns 500 pages to read in a week?) which I never got around to doing. C and I spent the week in an alcoholic haze. We started Friday evening at Flash's with friends where I began my drinking journey with a Maker's Mark Manhatten. I stopped drinking these for a while as I began to dislike the taste. but absence seems to reinvigorate the tastebuds. hmmmmm good. Since I am a lightweight I had two then switched to beers for the rest of the night. Its why God invented cabs. we drank for several hours then went out to dinner where we drank more. It was Grif's birthday. thats all we needed to know. Let the drinking commence! We were booted out of the restaurant by the staff. I was ready to keep drinking but everyone wussed out. We ended up walking home. I tried to convince C that we should stop by the Grad bar as we just happened to be walking past it. Alas, we went home and crashed. Well, C crashed, I had another beer and put the Simpsons season 5 on.

Saturday I worked cater-waiter, or the gay national guard as C calls it. I believe he stole that from Will&Grace. Neighbors had a party. I arrived shortly after midnight and proceeded to drink until 4 when I stumbled back to our place. There was a couple at the party that needed to be talked about so I had to hang out until they left. It was one of those unfortunate gay man/girlfriend couples. I just assumed they were the typical best friend relationship but no! girlfriend and gay boyfriend. Too bad. Perhaps he was simply the effeminate heterosexual? they do exist, somewhere. But he was WAY gay. poor girl. I'm sure she knows. How can she not? I chock it up to the fact that people make relationship choices that suit them pyschologically. Its best not to even go there. Sad thing is that someday they'll be married and he'll be cheating on her in some restroom or maybe at the gym.
Who knows? I tried to be extra gay to inspire him that it would be for the best if he just came out. I live to serve.
Sunday was way hung. I got dragged to Target by C and in retaliation I dragged him to the B-Side. Guinness is the only cure for a hangover. Stayed too long, went home and cooked dinner at 10. felt like big city folk.
tried catching up on my reading yesterday. did quite a bit. then we went back to the B-side. I just had to.
Now it is Tuesday, god damn it!
Perhaps a visit to the B-side tonight?

names...

No comments: