Thursday, October 06, 2005

I got nothing

oh my, what a day. I was up at 6 to be at Saks by 8. a catered event for breast cancer. Ms. Elisabeth Hurley was in attendance along with 200 messy, messy Boston socialites. Yowza! no matter how many times I work a party at Saks I will always be astounded by bad bad outfits and plastic surgery! Where are all the attractive rich people? do they not live in Boston? Are they too busy to be at this event? perhaps they don't even exist in person? beauty is the ultimate fabrication. it can't be contained only chased. Certainly there were many gay men working at Saks helping messy rich women look for it! I tried to flirt in the vain attempt to get a discount on that Prada suit that I really, really need!.
Oh well. I left as everyone sat for lunch and hopped in a cab to make it to class in time. Very weird, one minute messy rich women the next I am hoofing it across Harvard Yard to talk about seventies performance art. How fucked up is my life?
then I spent the evening at the grad colloquium where they discussed the virtues of LOST vs. Buffy? Dude, I swear I haven't smoked pot in weeks. but at the moment it would help me make sense of my life.
instead I went home and cooked dinner and downed a bottle of wine.

Music of the moment is: Sting (stupid fuckin VH1 Classic)

names...

2 comments:

TK8103 said...

woohoo... that spam comment made me laugh!
Dude, your life is fucked up. You need to talk to Sampson.
I certainly hope if you are discussing 70's performance art that you are talking about The Residents. They are considered one of the original performance artists. They do have works on permanent display at the MOMA in NY.
If you still have Netflix, check out Kettles of Fish. You’ll be impressed. Or horrified. Either way, it’s all good.

Names said...

gotta love penis enlargement.
I'm not used to alternative methods but hey! why not?