Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Comments about Bali

okay. I feel like I have to comment on this shit because I don't think Americans realise how fucked up these bombings are. Like many others growing up in Australia, Bali was this shit! The only American equivalent is probably Jamaica or Cancun. But not really because Indonesia is a much more complicated place.
So please picture this: you are hanging out in a beautiful tropical setting, cocktail in hand. Maybe a little buzzed, smoked a bit a grass. Then someone goes and blows shit up. Now, I am more than willing to admit that all those bitches on Girls Gone Wild Cancun should probably be blown the fuck up, and if I was a hyper religious person I would be extremely offended that they were hanging out on my land but god damn, blowing people up is some evil shit. Especially people on vacation. You know they saved up money, worked lots of hours at some shitty job so they could spend a week high in a tropical paradise. You want to make some change through explosions, then blow up the mother fuckers in charge. People staying at a Holiday Inn Bali are not deciding Australian Foreign Policy. Thats for damn sure.
I don't think this event is being given the exposure it deserves on US television. its really offensive.
Just wait. It will happen in Cancun, it will happen where we least expect it.

off to bed

names...

No comments: