Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Have you never been mellow?

Well, I am off to Amherst tomorrow. I am giving my first conference paper. I am a little stressed about it. I honestly didn' t think my paper topic was relevant to the conference topic. what the fuck were they thinking?
I would have been better off not doing this fuckin thing but what am I going to do? I am actually still sick after a week! Waking up with overwhelmed sinuses is getting really old. I thought it was the flu but it seems that it might be allergies.
In light of the wonderful weather today I walked around campus and took some pics.

This is the library at Sloan where I write most of my papers. This is simply because it is the closest to the house and there is a Dunkin Donuts a block away. It is also an example of the architectural style known as Brutalism.

This is Walker Memorial. The grad bar is in the front on the right. Six dollar pitchers of Bud. hmmmmm...beer.
The MIT radio station is in the basement.

And here is the dreaded Hayden Library. This is the worst library I have ever had to spend time in. It has a great view across the Charles but otherwise nothin...Bad uncomfortable chairs and no electric outlets, who designed this fuckin place? I have never experienced a more ill-planned library. god sarn it!

I'm out. I'll report back this weekend on my disastrous paper reading.

names...

1 comment:

Mike said...

mmmm...donuts and brutalism

charge forth young knight and slay those academic dragons!