Thursday, March 23, 2006

Newport


ah. so I escaped to Newport this week. I came down Tuesday evening. My goal was to have 20 to 30 pages done. I don't have shit. well. thats not true. I spent the first full day reading. Not helpful. I was kinda freaking out at this point. I hung out with my friend L whom I haven't seen in over four years. He's a little odd. I love him to death but he is an older, single gay man who is big and burly. He obliquely talks about how attracted he is to me. Not gonna happen. But he is good for getting the green. So I got to spend the last two days reeling in the years, so to speak.
anyway. I decided that I would spend today just organising the data I gathered. It took me all morning and then I spent the day thinking about how to bring it all together.
Long story short, I have an outline with all of my sources coordinated with the appropriate chapter. HUGE!
I can actually write now. I would never have thought that an outline could be helpful. I have never ever down one. But with the amount of data I had there was no fuckin way I could have gotten through it coherently.
I then went and got buzzed and walked around town before dinner taking pics. Most suck but I kinda like the bluriness.
let me know if I should stop taking pics when I am trashed. There were many of them from Paris that will never see the light of day!
anyway. it is back to the real world tomorrow god damn it.
names...

No comments: